15 years have been spent recovering from those horrific adolescent days. Just when I think that I have regained my self esteem and self worth BOOM, I am going through adolescents again via my 7Th grader. I was so grateful that I would never have to go back and repeat those years of painful experiences. What the heck! I didn't voluntarily get in the line for this roller coaster ride did I? How did I get here? I was relying on all my siblings to for-warn me so that I could avoid as much pain as possible in this life. This was to be my consolation for being the youngest of 12. Hello! I am in pain!
For all those out there who have young children or preadolescence BEWARE watching your child go through the daily self discovery ups and downs of adolescents is almost more painful than living through it yourself. I have realized that besides telling my child how much I love him and how great he is I , as the watching mother, have no power to protect my child from pain, it doesn't change reality. Ouch! I have had words of encouragement from experienced loved ones that everything will work out and it will all be OK but for now, I don't like this ride. LET ME OFF! I have 4 more children to go. What am I thinking.
11 years ago

1 comment:
This is your niece Katherine in Houston, just in case you were wondering. I love your post! I am in young women right now and I feel that way about watching them interact. I am not looking forward to those days with my own kids. Congratulations on #5, by the way!
Post a Comment