
We had a horrible, no good, very bad day Tuesday January 13, 2009.
So we had a bit of an accident last week. My baby (for now) was doing what she does best, dancing. I would never have thought dancing could be so painful. One little trip and a big brick fireplace was a perfect combination for a painful experience. I wish I had had my camera with me as we visited the dentist where we spent some time determining that the two front, fractured teeth needed to be extracted.
Yes, the bloody extraction was a bit, how shall I put this, uncomfortable? #1 I don't do well with blood (I fainted when my own first tooth came out when I was 7). #2 Poor Lyd's was crying/screaming at times and I was lost as to how to console her. I couldn't help her. She was in pain and experiencing something very tramatic and all I could was hold her hand and tell her I love her. Ok so I am pregnant everything seems helpless.
Well, we went straight to the gas station for a slurpee, which we discovered she couldn't drink because she couldn't get her swollen lip around the straw but we tried anyway. The next two days we, (I say we because I needed to be supportive) we had chocolate ice cream for lunch. The first time we ate it there was some spills and dribbling because of that swollen lips but boy, did it taste good. By day three the ice cream hardly dripped from her mouth at all. There were lots of slurpees, ice cream, popscicles and soup for many days.
Within hours of coming home Tuesday afternoon, the day of the accident, Lyd's immediately began singing, "All I Want for Christmas". It was the most heart breaking song I had ever heard. The big words like; thistle, Christmas and whistle definately didn't come out right and we weren't even close to anything that sounded like a whistle due to the XXL lips. On day 4 Lyd's came to me and said, "Mom, the songs not true. Look, I can whistle" she then preceeded to whistle the most beautiful whistle I have ever heard.
It has now been ten days and I can't believe how quickly the human body heals. I am so grateful for the miracle and blessing of the human body. My pregnancy emotions tend to run away with me every now and then (here they go). I thought for sure she would never look like my super cute little Lyd's again, but she does! She just looks a little older without her two front teeth. I wish I could keep her little forever. My heart breaks a little now as I see an older, growing 5 almost 6 year old. We have all the fun years ahead like, the "I hate you, mom" stage and the "everybody hates me" stage. I don't like the "hate" stage. Do they ever grow out of it once they start?
This has been a rather painful experience! My baby (for now) is looking more grown up everyday. She is thrilled at this point that she has already lost two teeth and can't wait for the big teeth to come in. I can't stand it. With grown up teeth come grown up attitudes. I guess I have had some practice in holding her hand and not being able to do anything but tell her I love her.

4 comments:
OH my goodness . . . it looks, sounds and everything PAINFUL!
The human body is amazing . . . that is some fast healing; and it helps that she is younger for it to heal so fast.
Take about amazing, you have a person inside your body that will be ready for life in 9 months, miracle and amazing!
Hope there are no more accidents for your family.
What did your hubby say?
poor Lydia, that looks awful! I'm sorry.
Ouch! What a good mom you are, though! My kids have started wanting to be sick because of all of the special things they get -- it definitely helps make things better. What cute kids you have -- loved your Christmas card!
Oh my word!! You weren't kidding were you:) Poor thing! I hope she is feeling better.
Post a Comment